Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I'm In Love With You Because..

I was inspired to write this post by a great article I read on Thought Catalogue. Here's the link: http://thoughtcatalog.com/2011/this-is-why-im-in-love-with-you/  It's a wonderful website my best friend told me about with all kinds of funny, sweet, interesting articles by various writers. This piece in particular talks about a man being in love with his girl and why. She makes him feel safe, she's his best friend, she's the "peanut butter to my jelly." (my favorite line) Here are a few things that I personally feel when I'm really, truly in love.(not lust)
1. You make me smile.
2. You're my cheerleader.
3. You won't run away if I've got bad breath, gained a couple pounds, or didn't shave my legs.
4. You love me in spite of my crazy family.
5. You know all my deep dark secrets- and you're still by my side.
6. You're fun to be with- at a bar or just on the couch.
7. You listen to me.
8. You like me.
9. You are kind.
10. You are so special to me that I want to protect you from the world, but I know I can't. I want to be with you forever, but I can't. So I'll settle for the next 50 years, if you'll have me.

This list is just an example of what you may feel when you're in love. I hope I am not discouraging anyone, because if there's one thing that I know for sure about relationships is that they're all different. Never feel like he "should" do that, or you "must" feel this. If you're happy and he's happy, ignore all the 'shoulds' and just enjoy it. There's no mythical time table you need to keep up with. It's your life, your love, your relationship. Enjoy it, protect it, and remember to always COMMUNICATE.

1 comment: